As a pastor you should see Jesus as the excellent model to learn from. Jesus used to pray extensively every day and it was said he used to pray about 3 hours till the sun came up. Developing the habit of praying 3 hours a day is important because many things are achieved through habits.
You can’t change your body shape by spending 15 hours at the gym once but spending an hour a day for 15 days will make a big difference. You cannot make a baby by making nine women pregnant and asking them to all deliver in one month. You can make a baby by having to wait 9 months. Many things are achieved by daily incessant push to achieve something little.
You usually never know when the anointing comes upon your life but developing the habit of praying everyday extensively for 3 hours will move giant mountains away from you and before you realize you are operating on plains.
And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
Practical Ways To Pray At Least 3 Hours A Day
- Make your mind Jesus did it so you will do it
- You cannot be too busy to pray
- Sleep as early as 10am and wake up as early like 4am and pray till 7am
- Pray in tongues more
- Listen to sermons during that time praying in the spirit
- Pray with worship songs in the background
- Have your quiet time during that time
- Build this habit every day