Nobody wants to invite friends and family to an event that will embarrass them. This is probably the main reason people are not inviting their friends. There is nothing excellent about your service and till you work on that, you will not get people inviting others. They are pretty much ashamed.
Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men.
The house I am building has to be the best, for our God is the best, far better than competing gods….
2 Chronicles 2:5 (MSG)
Show me someone who does a good job, and I will show you someone who is better than most and worthy of the company of kings….
Proverbs 22:29 (GNT)
As a pastor, you should always aim and fight for excellence in your services. Never accept mediocrity. You have no idea how that is turning a lot of people away. We are in a period where people are getting busier with shorter attention spans. If you want them to spend 2 to 3 hours in a place, it should be an experience worth the time. If it is for God, aim to do it at your best
Practical Ways To Have A Service Worth Inviting To
- Start on time
- Finish on time
- Have a nice choir or soloist
- Be a good relevant preacher
- Make sure the sounds and projection has been perfected
- If you use YouTube for worship, eliminate the ads from playing
- Have food after every service
- Have a drama ministry ministering regularly if possible. They only act if they have rehearsed
- Have a dance ministry ministering regularly if possible. They only dance if they have rehearsed
- Evaluate your service regularly to make sure you are working on getting better