Jesus mentioned that he was anointed to give the gospel to the poor. The gospel was meant for poor people. As a pastor, really think about the poor and the homeless. If you can be faithful with them, God will give you more of the middle class and rich people.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free …
If we agree that Jesus came for the hurting, then you can be there for them also. This verse mentions that the Holy Spirit comes for the poor and the oppressed. See how you can help mentor them, guide them, tutor them, have services there and invite them to the main weekend service.
Practical Ways To Help The Homeless And Poor
- Ask yourself where can you usually find homeless people?
- Go online and look for homeless shelters around your area
- Call them to find an opportunity to serve the homeless
- Connect with them when you go.
- Get all your small groups to volunteer at the shelter
- Teach your members to befriend them when they go. Love is the best way to attract people to Jesus
- Have a special program coming up and invite them all to it
- Work on their transportation to the weekend service
I have realized that if you always start with the group Jesus started with, you will get the same results Jesus did. Jesus started with the poor and the oppressed.