A huge step in growing spiritually is in your ability to give. When someone gives one time, thank them. When they move to give regularly, thank them, when they move to pay their tithe, thank them.
When they partner with a program at church, thank them. Have your treasurers give you a list of all tithe payers and different partners and send them a quarterly letter to thank them for their giving.
Money is needed in the work and gratitude is a way of drawing out more from people. The more they give, the more they grow spiritually.
See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:15,18
I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus!
1 Corinthians 1:4
These verses emphasize how being thankful is the will of God for every Christian. When you notice someone has a grace to give, acknowledge and thank them. You can give them an idea what the money is primarily used for if you have to and draw them along from single givers, to regular givers to tithers. It’s a journey
Practical Ways Of Thanking People Who Give
- Get a list of new tithe givers every quarter and email them
- Let them know the exciting things the money is being used to do
- Get a list of all tithe givers at the beginning of the year and email them also
- Get a list of new partners every quarter and email them also
- Get a list of all partners and email them at the beginning of the year